Erstwilder x Iris Apfel release info
So it's nearly time! So exciting!
The main collection will be launched on the WJ website at 3.30am UK time Tuesday 22nd August. The essentials and pin will be available slightly earlier from 3.20am.
About the collection
The main resin collection includes three statement necklaces, four portrait style brooches with matching earrings, a glasses brooch and two styles of glasses earrings along with four mini brooches depicting the cutest bespectacled animals.
As Iris said "colour can raise the dead" and this collection brings in bright colours and textures including the first pieces to feature beads hanging from them. Despite the extra features these items are very light and easily wearable.
The main collection items come in themed boxes with a tag (I still call these teapot tags from when they were teapot shaped) and a story card inside the lid. For this collection they have an Iris quotation printed on aswell as the name of the piece - sharing her wisdom such as "when you don't dress like everyone else, then you don't have to think like everyone else"
A collectible pin on a themed backing card is a cute addition to the collection and features the quote " fashion you can buy but style you possess". I have a pin flag in my office that I can see all the time when I'm working but this will definitely be featuring on my coat as the weather chills.
Erstwilder quite often release a selection of essential earrings to mix and match with a collection and the ones released as part of this collection are by far, my favourite ones that they have ever done. The statement size and and marbled colours make them easy to co-ordinate both with lighter fabrics and dresses in the warmer weather and chunky jumpers and knitted dressses in the winter.
Although they are a statement size they are extremely comfortable to wear given the lightweight resin they are made from. The feature a comfort back and are also supplied with a silicone stopper.
Essential earrings £10.95 / £13.95
Portrait brooches £26.95
Portrait earrings £32.95
Glasses brooch £20.95
Glasses earrings (small) £18.95
Glasses earrings (large) £26.95
Animal mini brooches £23.95
Spectacular Spectacles Iris Necklace £36.95 (glasses)
The Face of Style Iris Necklace £53.95 (Iris hands holding glasses)
Iris the Style Icon Statement necklace £58.95
How to prepare for launch - handy tips:
1. Make sure that you are logged in to your Wednesday Jones account BEFORE launch time (and also that you have previously registered for pawprint points so you don't miss out on those those rewards!). If you are redeeming points get your redemption code ready so you can copy and paste at checkout to avoid delay.
2. Have your payment method organised. (Please note that express checkout is not available in conjunction with Clearpay / Klarna so you have to use the normal checkout process). Using ShopPay will always be faster than using after pay methods and PayPal since they will take you off site to complete the transaction.
3. If you are wanting essential earrings or the pin it will be best to order those separately when they launch ten minutes earlier and check out and pay for them separately. Don't worry as any overpaid postage will be refunded and if the total of orders made before 12pm on launch day is more than £40 you will qualify for free UK postage.
4. Keep refreshing your browser if the products don't immediately show at launch time. They won't all populate in one go but will gradually keep adding.
5. Just because an item has been added to your cart it does not mean that it is reserved for you. It is not secured for you until you have checked out completely so if you delay you may lose out to a faster purchaser. For peace of mind after completion of your order check your confirmation email to see what's listed.
6. When an item is sold out, it is gone I'm afraid as these are limited edition pieces and will not be reissued by Erstwilder. The Erstwilder site has a list of other stockists so you could check around to see if they are available elsewhere.
Finally, I will be giving away a number of Limited Edition prints showing Miss Wednesday herself dressed in the style of Iris. These are limited in number and will be in the delivery boxes on a first come, first served basis.
Best of luck at launch, I hope you get the pieces your heart desires.
And remember, in the words of Iris herself "style is attitude, attitude, attitude!"
PS It's Iris' 102nd birthday on 29th August so I'm aiming to get these parcels to you all before the weekend (subject to Royal Mail of course)